TAC Systems Refinish Ultra One Step Polish 500ml
Refinish Ultra can be used with all types of polishing machines, from rotary, dual action to random oribital machineries.
Benefits of Refinish Ultra
Refinish Ulra is a Diminishing Abrasive Polish. As highlighted by the figure on the left the polishing compounds have developed the style of the abrasive from its original irregular shape that easily crumbled during polishing work times . The issue with these broken abrasive pieces was often damage to the paint surface. The size of this first generation polishing compounds varied between 70~20µm. when operating on the paint surface, for best performance, the user needed to use from big sized particles to the small particles sequentially. If these polishes were not fully borken down the user will be left with big swirl marks on the paint work. But even so, it still difficult to clean the swirl mark perfectly. The second generation of polishing compound adopted an octagon shape. Developed accordingly to prevent the abrasive from breaking and damaging the paint surface during the polishing time. The size of the abrasive of the second generation polishing compound varied between 20 to 2µm,and was also required to be used sequentially, in order to remove the swirl marks. However, as with the previous generation it had difficulty for removing the swirl marks clean.
The first and second generation polishing compounds are oil-based, and many other companies have not developed beyond this second generation stage. TAC has manufactured the third generation of polishing compound, the series of Refinish 1, 2 and 3. R1, 2 and 3 are using on the water-based paint surface and have adopted a tetrahedron shape for the abrasive. If taken from the front, it looks triangle in shape. This innovative design creates a stronger cutting force then the past generations of the polishing compound. The cutting force of Refinish series will decrease until the water dries out, eventually becoming zero. There are resins contented in the R1, 2, and 3, at the point in time that water dries out, the solvent will come out and the resin will enclose all around the triangles, letting them become smooth so they do not damage the paint surface, shown as in the picture 2.
The new product Refinish Ultra is the upgrade of Refinish 1, 2 and 3. The abrasive of Refinish Ultra is half-moon-shaped, the small abrasive (only 2.2µm) to have a uniquely strong the cutting force. This small sized abrasive also prevents the appearance of swirl marks on the paint surface after operating. Refinish Ultra also has the features that appear in refinish 1, 2, and 3. There are also particular resins contained in Refinish Ultra that enhances paint surface protection by ensuring, after the water dries out, there will be no more cutting force.
Why the particles are half-moon shape?
Refinish Ultra has applied patents in Korea. The alumina particles of this product are of irregular shape and areround. These alumina particles were gradually heated to 1700C. Then put them in minus 175C. The alumina particles have contracted instantly, therefore they have break into pieces. And the fractured parts have severe angles, such as new moon and half-moon shape.
2. Removes severe defects ie. Water spots, bird etchings, swirl marks
3. Has a faster work time & higher performance
4. Provides long lasting deep gloss
5. Less dust and easily removal of residue
6. Ideal for all types of paintwork
7. Free of silicone and toxic solvents
8. Highly efficient with excellent lapping force & finishing
2. Use products with a foam/wool-buffing pad. Used pads may contain contaminants that can scratch
3. Apply enough of products on surface to work.
4. For Rotary strength, best with 2,000-2,500 rpm until abrasive starts to dry.
For best performance, please avoid working under direct sunlight, and refrain from using products on surfaces which are not fully dried and heated paint surfaces.
– Eye contact: rinse eyes with large amounts of water, and seek medical advice if symptoms persist.-
– Skin contact: Wash affected area with soap and rinse.
– If Swallowed, consult a doctor immediately and show product container and label. Do not induce vomiting unless instructed by medical personnel.
– If inhaled; breathe fresh air and get medical attention if symptoms persist.