Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions, together with the terms and conditions that are specific to any Competition (as defined below) (the ‘Competition Terms’) are known as the ‘Rules’. Words used in the Competition Terms shall have the same meaning when used here. In the event of any conflict between the Competition Terms and the Standard Terms, the Competition Terms shall prevail.
2. The Rules apply to any competition (the ‘Competition’) that is promoted on the Auto-DNA website (www.auto-dna.co.za) and by entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by the Rules.
3. Auto-DNA reserve the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Competition and/or the Rules without notice for any event that is outside of Auto-NDA’s reasonable control. Any changes to the Rules, or cancellation of the Competition, will be posted on the Auto-DNA website (www.auto-dna.co.za). It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the Rules.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, the conduct or results of the Competition, or any other matter relating to a Competition, the decision of Auto-DNA shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by Auto-DNA.
5. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your Entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. Auto-DNA reserves the right to verify any information contained in your Entry and/or your eligibility to enter the Competition.
6. Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, the Competition is only open to persons who are resident in the Republic of South Africa and persons who are resident outside of the Republic of South Africa may not apply.
7. Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, the Competition is open to persons 18 years and older. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under 18, should be able to demonstrate to Auto-DNA’s satisfaction that their parent/ guardian has given their consent to such entry.
8. Auto-DNA reserve the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of the Rules, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Rules could lead to Auto-DNA disqualifying that person, without Auto-DNA giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
9. Any person that is: (a) an employee of any company involved in the Competition (including Auto-DNA); or (b) a family member of such employee, is not eligible to enter the Competition. Auto-DNA reserves the right to disqualify any person that it knows is, or has reasonable grounds to believe is, ineligible for the Competition as a result of this Rule.
10. In the event that a Prize-winner is disqualified from the Competition, Auto-DNA will, unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, select an alternative Prize-winner in the same manner as the original Prize-winner and such selection will be subject to the Rules.
11. Entries must be made by the Closing Date and in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
12. Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, only five Entries per person is permitted. In the event that Auto-DNA discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that the same person has made multiple Entries, such person and any Entries made by them shall be disqualified and, if such Entrant has already been selected as a Prize-winner, an alternative Prize-winner will be selected in accordance with Rule 10 above.
13. Unless otherwise set out in the Competition Terms, Auto-DNA accepts no responsibility for the return of any Entries.
14. Prize-winners will be selected and notified in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. No prize will be awarded where any entrant has committed any form of misconduct (as determined by Auto-DNA in its sole discretion).
15. Where Entries are judged on artistic or other subjective criteria, Auto-DNA reserves the right to set amend the criteria used to judge Entries.
16. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. In the event of a prize being unavailable for any reason Auto-DNA reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
17. Prizes must be accepted in the manner set out in the Prize Notification. In the event that any Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable or any Prize-winner fails to validly reply to a Prize Notification within 28 days, Auto-DNA reserves the right to disqualify the Prize-winner and select an alternative Prize-winner in accordance with Rule 10 above.
18. Auto-DNA accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury (other than our liability for personal injury or death as a result of our negligence) or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
19. Auto-DNA accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND DATA PROTECTION
20. You agree that Auto-DNA (and any third party authorised by Auto-DNA) may use your Entry (whether or not it wins the Competition) for any promotional purpose (for example, placing it on the Auto-DNA website or on any poster, leaflet or other advertising media). You confirm that your Entry is original that you own and have the right to license Auto-DNA the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Entry for the purposes referred to in these Rules. You will retain ownership of copyright in your Entry but you give Auto-DNA (and any third party authorised by Auto-DNA) your irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sub-licence your Entry worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the Competition.
21. Auto-DNA will use any personal information that you provide with your Entry for the purposes of the Competition and, where you have given your consent, for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used solely by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
22. All Prize-winners unconditionally agree (as a condition of accepting any prize) to: (a) the use of their name, one or more photographs of themselves and disclosure of their county of residence (if such Prize-winner is resident within the RSA); and (b) co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post-Competition publicity.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
23. The Rules and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition), existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
24. The Courts of the Republic of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Rules or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
COPIES OF THESE RULES
25. A copy of these Rules may be obtained by email from: email@example.com